Following are some links to sites we think would be of interest to our visitors. We consider linking to other websites that would be applicable to the Culinary Arts and Sonoma County.
Please email us if you would like to exchange links and we will consider your request.
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation: A partnership between the Clinton Foundation and the American Heart Association, is dedicated to ending the increase in childhood obesity and helping all kids and their families lead healthy, active lives. Patty has had the pleasure to speak at The Clinton Foundation several times. http://www.clintonfoundation.org/
- Dr. Elson Haas is the author of seven books and co-author of More Vegetables, Please with Patty James, available at your favorite bookstore in November of 2009. For the past 30 years, he is also instrumental in the development and practice of Integrated Medicine at a clinic that he began in 1984 and directs, called Preventive Medical Center of Marin in San Rafael, CA. http://www.elsonhaas.com/
- Grail Springs is a holistic health retreat and wellness spa located in a magical forest and lakeside setting in the Highlands of Ontario, Canada. Madeleine Marentette, founder of Grail Springs, offers her book, Grail Springs Holistic Detox: For Body, Mind & Spirit! Patty James contributed many of the recipes in this best selling book. See you local bookseller for purchase. http://www.grailsprings.com/
- Laurie Zerga Laurie Zerga, founder and Chief Culinary Officer of Chef-K provides culinary health education for kids ages five through eighteen, as well as adults. She has an extensive business background as a former officer of a fortune-500 company. http://www.chef-k.com
- Marina James-Galvin is a Nutrition Consultant and Personal Trainer. And one of Patty’s good friends. www.marinajames.com
- The Green Polka Dot Box is an on-line store (think of Costco, but healthier) that delivers healthy foods right to your door. In places where these foods might not otherwise be available, this is an extraordinary service. Patty is a consultant to Rod Smith, founder and CEO of The Green Polka Dot Box and offers product advice, recipes and health education for the web site and customers. http://www.greenpolkadotbox.com/
- Wellness in the Schools – Kirsten, Nancy and Rachel are balls of energy and are committed to making schools a healthier place. They are examples of what we can do if we set our minds to it! I have had the pleasure of teaching for them while in New York. http://www.wellnessintheschools.org/
- Personal Chef
Local Links & Affiliations
- www.nanp.org – The National Association of Nutrition Professionals is a non-profit business league of nutrition professionals originally founded in 1985.
- Slow Foods an international association that promotes food and wine culture, but also defends food & agricultural biodiversity worldwide.
- Patty is the co-chair of The Health and Medicine Committee at The Commonwealth Club in San Francisco, the nation’s oldest and largest public forum. http://tickets.commonwealthclub.org/
- Sea Web a non-profit public education organization raising awareness of our oceans and the fish.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch Consumer Guide can be downloaded here; perfect for when you are at the grocery store buying seafood.
- LocalHarvest.com maintains a reliable nationwide directory of small farms, farmers markets, and local food sources.
- Boys & Girls Clubs offer programs and services to promote and enhance the development of boys and girls by instilling a sense of competence, usefulness, belonging and influence. Boys & Girls Clubs are a safe place to learn and grow – all while having fun. They are truly The Positive Place For Kids. Patty misses ‘her’ kids at The Club in New Orleans. http://www.bgca.org/